Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A SUMMER SURPRISE.....

We have returned home to the heat....not the heat of Melbourne mind you, though I found some days there unbearably hot as the heat rose from the ground to sear my face. That was when the temperature was over the 40 mark, and I can't begin to know how it was around a year ago when the searing heat  was in excess of 46 degreesC... and so many people lost their lives in the firestorms.  

No...this is tropical heat and humidity accompanied by rain....rain....rain.  The wet season has returned after years of pretense and we are back to what we used to know....and I'm not liking it one little bit. 

But something wonderful has happened to my front garden.....  My waterwise garden, filled with heat loving plants, needing very little attention, fertilizer or water has suddenly bloomed with a wonderful massed display of white crocus, revelling in the inches of rain that has poured from the sky.....

    So I have taken some pics to share with you....



             Still wet with the morning rain...so beautiful


 


These little flowers are taking great pleasure
in the hot wet summer days........

5 comments:

Running Thread said...

We've been waiting for your first post! The flowers are a lovely welcome home.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Yay, you're back! I have missed you terribly but am glad you had a great holiday.

It is not hot here but very cold. It is 6 degrees F this morn with blowing winds.

Your flowers are so beautiful and they make me happy.

White Dove said...

Thank you RT and JW for your comments....took a while to start blogging again after a big lay off. So much else demanding my time....as for the weather...nuff sed! I can't believe the snow in the US of A and as for Melbourne's weather..... Bad storm this afternoon, saw it on the news! x

Melbourne Girl said...

Welcome back...great to see the pics of your garden. We have some of those gorgreous white flowers but I didn't know what they were...thanks for filling me in.

Little Miss Pink said...

It looks great Nana it has really come a long way and i can't wait to see it when i come and see you next
love always Eliza (pink pink polkadot)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails